Funding & Delivering Starter Homes & Affordable Housing To Address The Rising National Need & Government Targets: Innovative Models, Methods & Insights To Overcome The Practical, Day-To-Day Obstacles Of Decreased Funding, Viability Challenges, Changing Legislation, Limited Supply & The Housing & Planning Act. Download Brochure.
A One-Day, Practitioner-Led Conference, 18th May 2017, Novotel Birmingham Centre, Birmingham. Book Before 23rd March & Save £100.
Why This Housing Delivery Conference Is A Must-Attend Event:
- More Councils Speaking Than Any Other Conference: 18 Senior Speakers From Councils Who Strive To Support Positive Housing Growth, Day-In, Day-Out!
- No Theory! Practical Issues In One Day: Hands-On Advice & Strategies To Move Your Housing Strategy Forward.
- Central UK Location, Birmingham: Bringing Together The North, South, East & West For Practical Insights & Applications.
No Theory! Real, Practical Insights From 18 Senior Speakers At The Forefront Of Delivering Cost-Effective Housing: Starter Homes • Affordable Housing • Viability & Funding • Housing Development Companies • Housing Delivery & Legislation • Rented Accommodation • Right To Buy
Which Insights & Practical Methods Do You Need To Overcome The Obstacles & Challenges Of Delivering Cost-Effective Housing That Actually Meets The Needs Of Your Area?
- Starter Homes: How Can You Adapt Your Strategy? Decipher the regulation and criteria around starter homes in practice with key insights to meet government targets in your future plans
- Best-In-Class Affordable Housing: Practical methods of funding and delivering affordable housing to meet government targets in your meet the needs of your community
- Advanced Funding & Viability Models: Ensure your housing schemes stack up financially and can be delivered in practice
- Continued Rented Accommodation Delivery: Combating the push to home ownership and decreased funding to provide affordable rented accommodation
- Establishing Successful Housing Development Companies: The dos and don’ts of setting up your own housing company for continued housing provision
- Meeting The National Need & Government Regulation: Assessing the impact and direction of government policy for an advanced strategy that will deliver homes now and in the future
- Negotiating The Challenges Of Right To Buy: Determining government policy around Right to Buy and the practical methods to overcome the hurdles of continued housing delivery
A Must-Attend Event For Housing, Planning & Regeneration Directors Striving To Address The Rising National Needs & Deliver More Housing.
PLUS! This Housing Delivery In Practice Conference, Birmingham Also Features:
- 18 Senior Housing Practitioners Share Practical Insights In One Day
- 7 In-Depth Sessions Focused On The Sector’s Pressing Housing Topics
- 1 Compact Day
- 1 Triple Perspective: Affordable Housing
- 1 Interactive Panel Debate: Housing Delivery & Legislation
- 6 Lunchtime Peer-To-Peer Discussions: A) Land Supply B) Green Belts & Brownfields C) Homelessness D) Delivery Speed Vs. Quality E) London Plan F) Joint Ventures
- 2 Conference Chairmen
- Interactive Voting
- Facilitated Networking Hosts
- Open Q&A
Can you help deliver housing? For more information on how to get involved, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44(0)20 3479 2299.
Book your exhibition stand and two delegate passes before 23rd March for only £1,999 +VAT (Save £500). Click here to book your stand. Please note that we have a limited amount of exhibition space available and stands will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis.
The Housing Delivery In Practice Conference, Birmingham: To view the full conference programme, click here.
08.30 Registration & Coffee, Objective Setting & Speed Networking
09.00 GIC Welcome & Interactive Voting Introduction
09.20 Adapting Your Overall Affordable Housing Strategy To Practically Meet The Regulations & Criteria Around Starter Homes In Your Future Plans
Mark Ketley, Head of Planning Services, Northumberland County Council
AFFORDABLE HOUSING – TRIPLE PERSPECTIVE
09.45 Best-In-Class Practical Methods Of Providing & Funding Affordable Housing That Will Cater For Those In Need Now & In The Future09.45 Perspective One
Clive Skidmore, Head of Housing Development, Birmingham City Council
10.05 Perspective One
Andrew Smith, Head of Strategic Housing & Delivery, Waverley Borough Council
10.25 Morning Refreshment Break With Informal Networking
10.55 Perspective Three
Councillor Neil MacDonald, Portfolio Holder For Housing & Health, Ipswich Borough Council
11.20 Bonus Session; Reserved For Exclusive Partner To get involved in The Housing Delivery Conference – In Practice, please call +44 (0)20 3479 2299 or email email@example.com for more details.
VIABILITY & FUNDING
11.50 Harness New Funding & Financial Appraisal Models To Ensure Your Housing Schemes Stack Up Financially & Are Viable In Practice
Nick Tustian, Chief Executive, Eastleigh Borough Council
HOUSING COMPANIES – PRACTICAL CASE STUDY
12.15 Lessons Learned In Successfully Setting Up Your Own Housing Company To Ensure You Can Continue To Provide Housing In Your Area
Bill Flood, Managing Director, Wokingham Housing Ltd
12.40 Lunch For Speakers, Delegates & Partners
13.10 Informal Peer-To-Peer Experience Exchanges
A) Land Supply
Ian Macleod, Assistant Director – Planning & Regeneration, Birmingham City Council
Mark Meehan, Director of Housing Needs, Croydon Council
C) Delivery Speed Vs. Quality
Jim Newton, Head of Planning & Regeneration, North West Leicestershire District Council
D) How Can We Meet Our Community Needs & Deliver Housing To An Ageing Population?
Tim Bruce, Strategic Assets Manager, Wiltshire Council
E) London Plan
F) Green Belts & Brownfields
13.40 Afternoon Chairperson’s Remarks
13.50 Viability & Negotiating 106 Agreements
John Walker, Director of Planning, Westminster City Council
HOUSING DELIVERY & LEGISLATION – PANEL DISCUSSION
- Colin Wilson, Senior Manager Development & Projects, GLA
- Karl Roberts, Director of Place, Arun District Council
- Sarah Clayton, Head of Housing Strategy & Enabling, Salford City Council
- Simon Price, Head of Housing, Wokingham Borough Council
- Councillor Paul Smith, Cabinet Member for Homes, Bristol City Council
14.45 Strategic Planning & Devolution
Mark Parkinson, Economic Development & Planning Policy Manager, Staffordshire County Council
15.10 Bonus Session; Reserved For Exclusive Partner To get involved in The Housing Delivery Conference – In Practice, please call +44 (0)20 3479 2299 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
15.40 Afternoon Refreshment Break With Informal Networking
16.10 Overcome The Day-To-Day Hurdles Of Funding & Combating The Government Push Towards Home Ownership For Continued Delivery Of Affordable Rented Accommodation
Pat Hayes, Director of Regeneration & Housing, Ealing Council
RIGHT TO BUY
16.35 Negotiating The Challenges Posed By The Right To Buy Scheme With Insight Into Government Legislation & Practical Methods For Continued Housing Delivery
Simon Price, Head of Housing, Wokingham Borough Council
17.00 Chairperson’s Closing Remarks & Official Close Of Conference
Please check the website regularly for updates and newly confirmed speakers. Are you interested in getting involved in The Housing Delivery Conference – In Practice? For more information, please call +44 (0)20 3479 2299 or email email@example.com for more details.